General Terms and Conditions
Our team will do all the possible things to make sure your rental experience is a success and that you will have a great time. In order to ensure that you know exactly what our and your responsibilities are, please read the following terms and conditions.
Definition of terms
Article 1: Applicability
- Bicycle: the bike and/or any other item that is comprised by the contract.
- Customer: the natural person or legal entity purchasing the bike rental and/or bike service from Umeå Wheels AB
- Umeå Wheels AB: the company offering the bike rental services according to these terms and conditions
- Rider: the person actually riding the bicycle
- Written: in writing or electronically
These general terms and conditions apply to all contracts between Umeå Wheels AB and customers for bike services including all accessories such as locks, helmets and child seats.
Article 2: Offer and Agreement
Article 3: Price and Duration
- According to the wishes of the customer, Umeå Wheels AB makes a written or oral offer. The online offer contains the name of the service (Summer Bike Rental), rental period, and price. Furthermore, it states the opening hours and telephone number of the company, the manner of payment, and the type of deposit.
2. The contract is established when the customer accepts the online offer from Umeå Wheels AB.
3. Umeå Wheels AB will retain ownership of rented bikes and accessories at all times.
Article 4: Cancellations Policy
- The customer is not allowed to return a rented bicycle after the date and time stated in the contract. Bikes must be returned to the same branch and during the business hours of Umeå Wheels AB (10.00am-13.00pm, always 7 days a week) or putting the keys to the black mail box no longer that 23:00 in the same day that the rental period is finished, for more information please check on www.umeawheels.se).
2. One day is considered to be 24 hours.
3. Umeå Wheels AB is not obliged to give any refund for rented bikes that are returned before the end of the contractual period. This should be discuss based on the individual customers cases.
4. For each hour that the rental period is exceeded Umeå Wheels AB is entitled to charge customers 20% of the daily rental price on top of the actual rental price, with a maximum charge of 5 hours for the first day. For each following day, a maximum of 150% of the rental price can be charged.
5. If the bicycle is not returned on time, Umeå Wheels AB is entitled to take back the bicycle immediately.
Article 5: Payment and Deposit
- There is no fees for canceling the booking (Please inform us before 6 hours or more from receiving the keys).
- If a scheduled rental is cancelled due to poor weather conditions such as heavy rain, customers may reschedule their booking for another date.
- In all other cases of cancellation, credit/refund will be available to costumers that only notify us via email or telephone prior to the scheduled tour/rental.
Article 6: Obligations for the customer
- Customers can pay with Swish, Card or Cash upon delivery.
2. No need to pay deposit is needed, but a copy of the renter valid ID is required.
3. In the event of damage, Umeå Wheels AB has the right to send invoice with the amount to fix the damage.
Article 7: Additional instructions for the customer
- Customer must treat the bicycle well and in accordance with its actual purpose.
2. Customer must return the bicycle to Umeå Wheels AB in its original condition. Any changes or additions by or on behalf of the customer must be undone.
3. By renting a bicycle, the customer declares to be:
a. In good physical condition, i.e. not suffering from any medical diseases or complaints that influence their riding ability.
b. Able to properly ride a bicycle.
4. Umeå Wheels AB reserves the right to judge the capacities and abilities of a customer or rider prior to the use of a bicycle.
5. For bike rental, the customer must obey all traffic laws and instructions from Umeå Wheels AB staff and the authorities such police and Umeå Kommun .
6. The customer/rider must behave as a good renter/rider, which means he:
a. Is not permitted to sublet or sublease the bicycle.
b. Is not permitted to give the bicycle to a person other than the rider.
c. Is not permitted to take the bicycle outside of Västerbotten.
d. Is not permitted to ride on a city bike with more than 2 persons or on a tandem bike with more than 3 persons.
e. Must ensure that the person who is contractually indicated as the rider is legally permitted, and physically and mentally fit enough to ride a bicycle.
f. Must secure loads on the bicycle with due care.
g. Is not permitted to continue using the bicycle if it’s damaged, when its use can lead to aggravation of the damage or affects traffic safety.
Article 8: Obligations for Umeå Wheels AB
- The customer must return the bicycle in a clean condition. Cleaning costs with a minimum of 100 kr may be charged.
2. Customers must bring a photo copy of the contract with them upon returning the bike.
3. Each bike is equipped with a lock. Customers must never leave the bicycle unattended unless properly locked.
- At the start of the rental, the customer needs to check the bicycle and report any possible defects to Umeå Wheels AB staff. When the defect(s) cannot be repaired instantly, the customer is permitted to have a replacement bike. As soon as the customer leaves the Umeå Wheels AB shop, he accepts the condition of the bicycle.
5. In case any problems with the bicycle occur in Umeå, the customer needs to visit Umeå Wheels AB rental shop in Cykelstället, Kungsgatan 47A, 903 26 Umeå. Umeå Wheels AB does not reimburse any repairs performed by other companies. When the damage occurs outside of Umeå, Umeå Wheels AB will only reimburse repairs performed by another company if the damage, kind of repair, and costs of the repair are discussed with, and approved by, Umeå Wheels AB by telephone +46723777135.
6. In the event of injury to the customer and/or damage or loss of the bicycle, the customer is obligated to:
a. Inform Umeå Wheels AB as soon as possible (by visiting the shop or by telephone: +46723777135)
b. Follow instructions from Umeå Wheels AB.
c. Provide all requested information and documents that relate to the event that caused the injury/damage.
d. Not leave the bicycle behind without properly securing it.
e. Report the event to the local authorities including the police.
f. Submit a fully completed and signed claim form to Umeå Wheels AB as soon as possible.
Article 9: Customer’s liability for damage
- For bike rental, Umeå Wheels AB provides a bicycle with the statutory and agreed features and accessories, which is clean, well maintained and in a technically good condition.
2. In case of damage to the bicycle prior to the rental, Umeå Wheels AB will make a report of the damage in the presence of the customer.
3. Umeå Wheels AB will inspect the bicycle for any damage immediately after it is returned.
Article 10: Dissolution of the contract
- The customer is liable for any damage to Umeå Wheels AB related to the bike rental unless the damage is caused by a violation of the obligations stated in article 8.
2. The customer is liable for actions and omissions of the rider(s) and other users of the bicycle(s) comprised by the contract, even if they didn’t have the customer’s permission to use the bike.
3. The customer must respect all rules and regulations. The customer uses the bicycle on his own responsibility. If customer infringes any Swedish rules or regulations, Umeå Wheels AB can by no means held liable.
4. In the event of loss, theft, or damage of the bicycle, Umeå Wheels AB is entitled to charge of the bike according the pricing list of Umeå Wheels compensation. Prices for parts that are not mentioned are determined by the Umeå Wheels AB staff.
Article 11: Personal data
- Umeå Wheels AB is entitled to terminate the contract and seize the bicycle if:
a. The customer does not obey one or more of his obligations, unless the omission does not justify dissolution.
b. The customer dies, is put under guardianship, applies for moratorium, is declared bankrupt, or is in a legal debt management regime.
2. If Umeå Wheels AB is entitled to seize the bicycle(s), customer must offer full cooperation.
3. If the customer dies prior to the hire period, the contract is automatically dissolved.
4. Umeå Wheels AB is not liable for any damage caused by dissolution of the contract.
According to the Swedish Data Protection, the personal data of the customer will be processed by Umeå Wheels AB (as service provider) and Umeå Kommun (as service owner). By processing these data Umeå Wheels AB can carry out the contract, provide customer and/or rider with the best service and make personalized offers. The customer can request inspection or correction of his personal data and file objections. Objections by the customer regarding the processing of data for direct mailing will be honoured at all times.
Article 12: Charges for use
We recommend that you are adequately insured. We cannot be responsible for your own illness or injury or for damage or loss of your personal belongings while you are riding the bike.
The renter agrees to pay for the rental of the bike and any additional fee that is applicable for any mistreatment of the bicycle. In case a part of the bicycle is broken because of mistreatment, lost or stolen, the following additional fees will be charged. Prices for parts and damages that are not mentioned are determined by the Umeå Wheels AB staff.
Article 13: Repairs and maintenance
In case of a breakdown, don’t abandon the bicycle. You should contact us immediately to arrange for the exchange of a bicycle of equivalent or superior quality. All repairs needed as a result of the use of the equipment including all parts, shall be paid by the renter.
Article 14: Accidents and release of liability
The client agrees that he/she will release Umeå Wheels AB from any and all responsibility of liability for injuries or damages to the user of the equipment listed on this form or to any other person.
The client accepts for full responsibility for the care of this equipment and thereby agrees to freely and expressly assume and accept any risks and all injury to the user of this equipment while bicycling.
Article 15: Please read this carefully:
Article 16: Confirmation of Acceptance
- Do not leave the bike unattended. Locks deter theft but they do not prevent all theft from happening.
2. Lock the front wheel, frame and steel support under seats.
3. Make sure to return the key with the lock when you’re done with the bicycle.
By renting a bike or participating activities from Umeå Wheels AB , you are acknowledging that you have read our terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
Article 17: Waiver and release of liability for tour participants
In consideration of the risk of injury while riding a bike and as consideration for the right to participate in the activity, I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives, knowingly and voluntarily participate and release of liability and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation in the Activity, and do hereby release and forever discharge Umeå Wheels AB, their affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, for any physical or psychological injury, including but not limited to illness, paralysis, death, damages, economical or emotional loss, that I may suffer as a direct result of my participation in the rental service activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this activity.
I am voluntarily participating in the aforementioned activity and I am participating in the activity entirely at my own risk. I am aware of the risks associated with traveling to and from as well as participating in this activity, which may include, but are not limited to, physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability (including paralysis), economic or emotional loss, and death. I understand that these injuries or outcomes may arise from my own or others’ negligence, conditions related to travel, or the condition of the Activity location(s). Nonetheless, I assume all related risks, both known or unknown to me, of my participation in this Activity, including travel to, from and during this Activity.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Umeå Wheels AB against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorney’s fees and any related costs, if litigation arises pursuant to any claims made by me or by anyone else acting on my behalf. If Umeå Wheels AB incurs any of these types of expenses, I agree to reimburse Umeå Wheels AB.
I acknowledge that Umeå Wheels AB and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives and agents are not responsible for errors, omissions, acts or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of Umeå Wheels AB.
I acknowledge that this Activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, lack of hydration, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic and actions of others, including but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials and event monitors, and/or producers of the event.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read this “waiver and release” and fully understand that it is a release of liability. I expressly agree to release and discharge Umeå Wheels AB and all of its affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, from any and all claims or causes of action and I agree to voluntarily give up or waive any right that I otherwise have to bring a legal action against Umeå Wheels AB for personal injury or property damage.
To the extent that statute or case law does not prohibit releases for negligence, this release is also for negligence on the part of Umeå Wheels AB, its agents, and employees.
In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
In the event that any damage to equipment or facilities occurs as a result of my or my family’s willful actions, neglect or recklessness, I acknowledge and agree to be held liable for any and all costs associated with any actions of neglect or recklessness.
This agreement was entered into at arm’s-length, without duress or coercion, and is to be interpreted as an agreement between two parties of equal bargaining strength. Both the Participant – this is the person that hires the bicycle and/or participates in a organized tour – and Umeå Wheels AB agree that this Agreement is clear and unambiguous as to its terms, and that no other evidence will be used or admitted to alter or explain the terms of this Agreement, but that it will be interpreted based on the language in accordance with the purposes for which it is entered into.
In the event that any provision contained within this Release of Liability shall be deemed to be severable or invalid, or if any term, condition, phrase or portion of this agreement shall be determined to be unlawful or otherwise unenforceable, the remainder of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect, so long as the clause severed does not affect the intent of the parties. If a court should find that any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting said provision it would become valid and enforceable, then said provision shall be deemed to be written, construed and enforced as so limited.
I affirm that I am of the age of 18 years or older, and that I am freely participating or renting. I certify that I have read this agreement, that fully understand its content and that this release cannot be modified orally. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract and that I agree on it of the participants’ own free will.
Article 18: PARENT / GUARDIAN WAIVER FOR MINORS
In the event that the participant is under the age of consent (18 years of age), then I hereby certify that I am the parent or guardian the minor, and do hereby give my consent without reservation to the foregoing on behalf of this individual.
Article 20: applicable law
The contract is governed by Swedish law.
Feel free to contact us at:
Umeå Wheels AB
Fysikgränd 23A, 907 31 Umeå
Our hotline +46 723 777 135 (Calls, SMS or Whatapp)
Facebook page www.facebook.com/umeawheels
for more information: